Thursday, May 7, 2020

School From Home Session 20 May 7th Topic: Using Google Drive and Google Docs

Hello everyone!
I missed creating a blog space for learning and was excited to have something to work with today to present to you.  My students have recently been making their class schedules in Google Calendar and are now into the great world of typing in Google Docs and saving it in Google Drive.
So today I will present that to you.

I recently was able to add in Screencastify, a way of recording what I am doing on my computer simultaneously with what you see on the computer screen.  It is a very helpful tool and I will load the first of its kind on today's posting.
I will continue to present screenshots and the step by step methods I have been using to keep this learning process simple.


So let's get started.  Going to Google Drive.


Step 1- Go to Google like you normally would and click on the Google Suite or Google Apps to click the icon called Drive.


Step 2- Now that you are in the big cyber world of filing cabinets.  Start with keeping yourselves organized by creating a folder.  I called my file Zippy.  I have files for all kinds of things like Birds, different grade levels, work folders, folders about finances, all kids of folders.
So start by clicking the "New +"  icon.

Here you will click the Folder icon and create a new folder.
Give your folder a name.  So my students will likely new their folder Math Class or something like that.

Step 3- Making a Google Doc.  Go back to the New + symbol but this time let's choose Google Docs
You are now looking at basically a blank piece of paper.  You now have the ability to write, edit, revise and publish a paper all in the same space!
As long as you gave your "Doc" or Document a title, you can even share this work with someone else.  

Step 4- Click Share and type in the email of the person you choose to send it to and press send.

Everything you do from this point will save on its own in the Google Drive.  Just be sure to try to remember to put your work in a folder or you will have loose papers all over in your drive.

Great job and welcome to a much easier world of writing papers and sharing your work.

Questions, comments, concerns:  You know how to reach me.

Blog Requests
If there is a topic that you would like to know more about, please leave a comment in my blog at the bottom and I will schedule a time to create something that makes whatever you are curious about easier to learn.

Following
If you are getting help from this blog, find it interesting, or just plain stupid to mildly amusing, I invite/encourage you to become a follower.  You can also follow me on YouTube if you just want to see the video links from there.
Hope you do, thanks for watching, reading and...

Until next time...See ya'!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment