Thursday, September 3, 2020

 Day 4 September 3, 2020

REMEMBER, CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE/HEAR THE RECAP or JUST READ BELOW.

https://youtu.be/wk9VFTC4l3I

Hello and welcome back!

TODAY's FIRST TOPIC:  CAN YOU TYPE WELL?  IF NOT SEE BELOW...

I want to support you a bit this morning a little differently.  I can type anywhere from 30-50 words per minute based on focused I am and how many mistakes I make.  Realizing this, I was trained how to type without looking my Senior year of high school and this skill has saved me a great deal of time, energy and frustration.  Knowing that most of you probably have some frustration, I woke up this morning hoping I could help you get around this issue with a few step by step tips using a cell phone, ipad or other similar device.

Step 1- Find your Notepad app on your device.

Find your Notepad


Step 2- Create a new page by clicking the pencil and square icon.

Click this icon that looks like a box and a pencil so you can begin typing your words.


Step 3- To begin "talk to text", click the microphone icon on the bottom of your keyboard on your device.

Click the microphone icon on the keyboard at the bottom.  You will start getting used to talking and the cellphone, ipad or other device will text in what you say.


Step 4- When finished, upload to an email by click the icon with a box and an arrow pointing up.


After clicking the the upload icon in the upper right corner of the picture above, the device will ask you where how you want to send the information you "talked/typed".  I highlighted the email feature. I suggest you email this to yourself.  From here, you can copy and paste the words to a word document and turn in an activity on Unified.  

IF THIS IS FASTER THAN TYPING FOR YOU THEN GREAT.  


NEXT TOPIC: RECAP OF THE DAY 

Wow!  My head is spinning thinking about all that we did today.

7th and 8th Grade Math:  We talked about how I teach Math. 

New: everyday I will teach something that is new to you and on your grade level.

7th Grade your NEW is 7.EE.B.4

8th Grade your NEW is 8.EE.B.5

Don't worry nothing you need to memorize but represents the first skill we are scheduled to learn.  We wanted to see your level of comfort for the content now.

NEED:  Based on class discussion we see that there are building skills we NEED to prepare for learning the NEW and we will look at those NEEDs on Tuesday.

REAL WORLD RELEVANCE:  How does this connect to real scenario so I can use the math I am learning.  Be ready for an interesting task on Thursday for this 8th graders.  Still thinking about my 7th grade idea...

We saw that Khan Academy is a place to get examples and is only a resource to us.  The real learning will come from class talks and the work in class.  

I want to see your thinking so keep that in mind.

We took a brief look at Edgenuity where we will generate a great deal of class work AFTER and ONLY AFTER I taught the content.  Seems only fair I actually teach before I request an assignment for credit right?


7th and 8th Grade Homeroom:  The things that you created and bravely put out there today were simply mind blowing.  I can't say enough how amazing your work is and how proud I am of all of you.

I also would like to post your work on the blog with your permission.  


LAST TOPIC:  Assignments due

Math:  all artists and mathematicians please send me an email from your school email if you haven't done so already.  This due Wednesday September 9th.

Science:  You should have attempted to make and Excel Spreadsheet 

Homeroom:  Presented your Mt. Rushmore if not you will on Tuesday.  7th Graders send me a list of your 4 icons in Unified and the work you created.  

Homeroom:  Your Superpowers and Kryptonite (4 strengths and weaknesses) should have been turned in to your homeroom teacher by today.


Big day!  Huge really.  Amazing week.  It was wild, it was crazy, it was virtual and I can think of a better place to teach.  Beyond happy to be a part of your life and you, a part of mine.

Bless you all and have a great Labor Day Break

Until next time... See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment