Monday, April 6, 2020

School From Home Session 11 Monday April 6th

Hello and welcome back everyone!

Hope you were able to get outside with some of this great weather we are getting as an invitation that the spring season has arrived!

Update:  I am not certain of the future direction of the blog right now.  The school is working on an online platform to work from for ALL students.  What I am understanding about the plan is that each student will have a way to use internet, a computer, do lessons with a teacher and ask questions online.

I don't know the full details of it just yet but my attention will be given to the new online methods we are learning to use and set up.

My work day for the school is now from 9am-2pm online to get set up and sometimes longer to include online meetings.  My day is obviously pretty booked now and doesn't leave much time for the blog and creating instruction as I had been.

Before the break, I kept busy by finding a way to give you instruction on my own but now I am working directly with the school since we are all going to be using the Google Classroom format for learning.
I apologize to those of you that attempted to use Google Classroom and had difficulty getting in.  The passwords only lasted 48 hours and my attempts to communicate with you to set it up made the whole process tedious and ultimately unsuccessful.

We are working on fixing that problem so all students will be able to log on and start taking classes as soon as possible up to June 12th, our original end of the school year.

Lately:  I worked on finishing grades, talking to the staff at the school and getting ready for the new learning program.  I started offering a few lessons on Zoom for parents that requested learning for their student(s) over the break.

Now:  Without my full attention going to the blog, I will suggest going back and looking at each blog posting and completing any work that you didn't do.  Once we get the new system up and running, I plan to use the exact same material from the blogs and as you would see in Google Classroom right now.  I will pick up where we left off and try to give you as much learning as possible in the time we have until the end of the school year.  Use this time to get those blog tasks done and the lessons will be very easy and short for you when the new system is up and running. 

There are so many things you can do with learning from the resources I gave you in the first blog.  Stay sharp and keep learning!

For now, the blogs will be short and simply give you updates/news on what to expect going forward.

If you have any questions... you can text, respond on the blog, send me an email, use Class Dojo, etc.

Be Well
Lew


No comments:

Post a Comment