Tuesday, April 14, 2020

School From Home Session 15 Tuesday April 14th Topic: How to create a YouTube Channel and Load Video Links to Google Classroom

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Teach Simplified Blog!
Today's post is mostly to support teachers or anyone interested in creating and sending a video link.

CLICK ON ME TO WATCH VIDEO FEED OF THE BLOG OVERVIEW
https://youtu.be/BnKpW6g0XP0


Lesson 1 Video Creation
Let's start with video creation.  You can click on these pictures to enlarge them.

Step 1- Click your Windows button.

Step 2- Click the Camera App you are about to embark on the magical world of video making!
Step 3- You are ready to record.  The green area is your video record start and stop.  The small camera icon below that can be used for just taking a photo of your lovely mug.  See greatness in the photo above!

Step 4- When you are done stop the recording from the button you pressed to start in the green circled area.  Below that you should see a small picture in the bottom right corner.  Click on it.

Step 5- In the green semi-circle you will click on the 3 dots and Open Folder.  Congratulations!  You made a video and it is saved on your computer!

YOUR NEXT MOVE:  www.youtube.com
You are about to enter the wild world of owning your own video channel in YouTube.
"Why?", you ask...  When you load your video to YouTube, you will be able to create a link for your newly made video.  You can then Copy and Paste the video link where you want it to go.


Lesson 2 Making a YouTube Channel and Uploading Your New Video

Step 1- Go to www.youtube.com by typing the website in your browser.
Step 2- From here you will sign in.  Our school emails don't allow access to it but you can sign in with a different email.
Step 3- This will take you through the steps for creating your YouTube Channel.
In the green circled space, I have created my YouTube Channel by following the steps.  In the second step in blue, there is a little video camera icon with a plus symbol.  Here is where you will upload your video from the computer file where you saved your video.

Step 4- Uploading your video to your YouTube Channel
Click the blue button and your computer files will pop up.  I saved my video in the camera roll.  You may have put your video somewhere else but find it and double click it to upload.

I clicked on the Camera Roll Icon and picked my video to upload.

Step 5- Video is ready!  Copy the link with a right click then hit Next.
The green arrow is showing you where the link is now for your new video.  Be sure to copy it.


 Step 6- Finishing touches.  YouTube will want to know things like if it is made for kids.  I always post viable content so I click yes to that.  You will maybe want to add elements to your video, I haven't so far and then you will get to this screen.  This is important because you should decide who you would want to see these videos in you Channel.  You have all of the control so you decide.  I post everything Public but if you just want it for the link so your students can see it then you can make a different choice.  Click Save when you are done.

Step 7- I don't use this window to send to other things.  At this point your video is saved to your YouTube Channel and ready to use.  I right click and click to copy the link.  I am now ready to put that link where I want people to use it.  I do this for my blog but for today I will show you how to put your link in Google Classroom.

Step 8- Go to your Google Classroom
After clicking on your Classroom you can put your link where you like.  I just picked a class and put it in my announcements and gave them a chance to respond to how funny my hair looks in the video.
You just have to right click and paste the link there.

DONE!

https://youtu.be/xdiRYwbHYF8




No comments:

Post a Comment