Tuesday, April 7, 2020

School From Home Session 12 Tuesday April 7th

Hello and good afternoon.

https://youtu.be/VZcLnK30ZH0


Update:  Yesterday, I was uncertain of the direction of the blog.  Today I have better clarity and can see using this as a way to continue to give you information and provide you with ways to navigate the online world of school for our school.

Today, I learned more about the tools that will be used to deliver online instruction.  Therefore, I feel it would be a great way to walk you through some of the things you would be using.
I mentioned that we are setting up the online platform for students.  We are getting Chromebooks and internet usage set up.

In the meantime,  I will guide you through things that I feel would be good for a refresher for teachers but good for  parents, students to get prepared and familiarize yourselves with the online programs.


Lately:  I have been mentioning Google Classroom more.  Good news!  The student emails are already set.  The passwords will be reset and fixed for you to have access and stay connected.  These passwords will not disappear after 48 hours anymore and allow us time to get you ready.  I submitted a new list of passwords for the class and they will be easy to use.  As soon as I get confirmation that they are updated I will reach out to all of you so you can get started.

Now: 
So today I will start focusing on what to do, where to go...Google!

1) starting with the obvious:  www.google.com

2)
In the upper right corner I circled what you will want to get familiar with.
Gmail
Images
The 9 dot looking thing (I heard today referred to as "waffle" by almighty and masterful Dr. Claude Tiller)
Sign in key

Let's talk about gmail then.
You would click on gmail and would get a log in screen.  I would always start here because once you are logged into email, you are logged into the Google functions that come with having a google email account.

All students should have their emails by now but the password is being updated today.
So this is what you would see...



From here you would add the email address you have.  Then click Next.



From here you will add in the new password I gave you and click Next.

Voila! You are now using your email!

Your mission students is to get on Google.  Use your email account to send me an email.  You can simply say hello.

3) Here is what to do for sending an email:
Find the Compose button with a plus in the upper right corner of the email screen.
Click the Compose button.



A small window will open that looks like this.



Where it says "To" Put...

To:  Where it is red in the picture put my email 

To: ocbirdguy@gmail.com, elewandowski@ocamt.academy


You can even put both of my email addresses, you just include a comma between the email addresses if you want to include more people.

Where it says "Subject" Put...

Subject:  Where I highlighted in Purple is where you put what your email is about.

Subject:  Getting started

Below subject is where you put what you want to talk about so Put...

Hello Mr. Lew

From (your name)

Then Click the Blue Send button.

This is your new mission!

In the next blog I will talk to you more about some of the other features.
If you know how to do this already, then great you are ready to go to the next step and can help others trying to learn how to use email.

Next Blog:  Getting into Google Suite or G-Suite, which is the 9 dot looking thing (the waffle).  You can play around with it a bit to try it out but we will focus on Google Classroom next.  

And that's it for today soooo.... See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment